Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Two hours of my life that I will never get back...

So today in class (as well as monday)we had a lecturer that loves bioinformatics. In case you don't know what this is, it is using technology to understand biology. Like computers and software that are designed to look at the details of biological work and come up with a solution. A lot of bioinformatics has revolutionized the way that science is done. The Human Genome Project would not have been able to be done if it hadn't existed. However, there is a fine line between a biologist and a computer scientist when dealing with bioinformatics and the guy this morning crossed it about fifty times.

He went to websites, talked about the bioinformatics program and told us about his idol (who happens to teach the Intro to Bioinformatics) for two hours. Then when Amanda asked him what type of question he would ask on the test (since we can't go to random websites on the test) he first told us that in the past he has been "blasted" as the worse lecturer and to please not to do it this year to him. Then he went on to complain about the whole UC system of classes.

I just got a little irritated that someone tried to 'convert' me to a different program, said that in order to use biology programs to the best degree I have to use Linux, and that everyone should really know how to write in Perle. ARRGG! If I wanted to be a freakin computer science major I would be. I want to do real research with real results.

Have to go, I am at work.

Have fun and try not to be annoying to people around you,
Juls

2 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger OneHotBlog said...

How do I not be annoying to those around me?

 
At 8/10/2005 2:04 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Take a deep breathe, exhale, repeat.

And keep in mind that if others find you annoying, then that can be annoying to you, so it is all their fault, not yours, for being so damn sensitive.

You keep on being your wonderful self and they can kiss your...well you know. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home