Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to School...

So it is that time of year again. Well, not quite. But basically, it is. I have started a new quarter in my quest to get a PhD. I am taking Molecular Biology of the Cell 2, Immunology, Medical Ethics, and Functional Genomics. Yippee. No really cell 2 is so far a lot like my Biomembranes class, and I like that. Also, I am recalling a lot of the information, so that helps. I also have had immunology before, but like everything else "that was undergrad, you are in grad school now." I think that that is their answer for everything. While it is true, I think that some (or most) of the professors forget not only what it was like to be in undergrad but what it was like in grad school. I don't think that they are out to get us, but I do think that they have forgotten what it is like. Oh well.

It would also be nice if the professors for the different classes talked to each other. I know that all of biology is connected but do we actually have to cover the same thing on the same day in two different classes? Well enough of that.

I did my first BG last night in WoW. For those who might not be complete geeks, that means that I did a battleground (think capture the flag between good guys, the Alliance-me of course-and nine others-against ten bad guys, The Horde) in the game World of Warcraft. It is player versus player so everyone in the BG is real person. My side won, which in itself is amazing since historically the Alliance can't work together to save themselves much less to capture a flag three times.

I know. I know. You are thinking to yourself, "But Julie, you said you weren't going to play the game that much." After reading for almost five hours straight about the history of membranes, I think I deserved killing a few furblogs and horde. Also, there wasn't anything on TV I wanted to watch. I can't study every hour I am awake. That would make Julie homicidal, and not just in the game. Don't worry, I know what I am doing, and I learn my lesson. Do not request entry for BG after 10 pm. Well, not at least if you have to wake up early in the morning. I still got to school 30 min before class like I wanted but I have been a little tired today. Of course, my sleep cycle is still a little out of wack.

Well, I need to eat now and play with Juna before I get back to my studies. I promised myself that if I got through my required reading for tomorrow, I can play a little. It is my new reward system.

Tootles,
Juls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home