Monday, June 13, 2005

Island of Paradise...

Well, I am back from paradise. Kauai was wonderful. I barely have the words to describe how wonderful it was. My sister is putting together the cd of pictures so once she is done I will post some of the best pictures. We have over 1500 pictures (don't you love the digital world). The worst part of the vacation was when we went to Walmart on Kauai. Kauai is not like Oahu. They have very little development of the island. It is pure and wonderful-except for the few stores like walmart, Macy's, and starbucks.

They also had feral chickens, everywhere. You could not go anywhere without seeing a chicken or rooster. They are protected so you can't kill them and they are allowed to go everywhere they want. It was so cool.

I saw three turtles in the ocean up close and a few more from the boat we were on. We saw spinner dolphins. I scuba dived around one of the reefs. I ziplined (best thing I have ever done), tubbed down the interior of the island, and rode ATVs. We hiked around Waimea Canyon which is a smaller version of the Grand Canyon. I ate lots of fish. The only meals that I didn't eat fish was breakfast and a few times we had burgers and one dinner I had prime rib.

I have to go right now because I have so much to do in order to get ready to move but I have two more things to say. I saw a bumber sticker that said "If you love Kauai, send your friends to Maui." And we also found out that the government is trying to treat the native Hawaiians like they do Native Americans so that they can get their land and turn it into giant commerical property. They already have Oahu, they should not be allowed to get Kauai also.

I am off my soap box (for now).
Bye,
Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home